Let Them Eat Cake
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JOE BIDEN CALLS FOR IMPEACHMENT IF PRESIDENT TAKES ‘NATION TO WAR WITHOUT CONGRESSIONAL APPROVAL’ [#joebiden, #politics, #obama, #Declarationofwar, #politics]

Go down

JOE BIDEN CALLS FOR IMPEACHMENT IF PRESIDENT TAKES ‘NATION TO WAR WITHOUT CONGRESSIONAL APPROVAL’ [#joebiden, #politics, #obama, #Declarationofwar, #politics] Empty JOE BIDEN CALLS FOR IMPEACHMENT IF PRESIDENT TAKES ‘NATION TO WAR WITHOUT CONGRESSIONAL APPROVAL’ [#joebiden, #politics, #obama, #Declarationofwar, #politics]

Post by Admin Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:56 pm

JOE BIDEN CALLS FOR IMPEACHMENT IF PRESIDENT TAKES ‘NATION TO WAR WITHOUT CONGRESSIONAL APPROVAL’ [#joebiden, #politics, #obama, #Declarationofwar, #politics] Joe_Biden_foot_in_mouth
screengrab

http://www.tpnn.com wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen, I drafted an outline of what I think the Constitutional limits have on the war clause. I went to five leading scholars, constitutional scholars, and they drafted a treatise for me that’s being distributed to every senator. And I want to make it clear, and I made it clear to the president, that if he takes this nation to war…without congressional approval, I will make it my business to impeach him. And that’s a fact!

Joe Biden
Joe Biden wrote:I want to stand by that comment I made. The reason I made the comment was as a warning. I don't say those things lightly, Chris. you've known me for a long time. I was Chairman of the Judiciary Committee for 17 years. I teach separation of powers in Constitutional law. This is something I know. So I brought a group of Constitutional scholars together to write a piece that I'm going to deliver to the whole United States Senate pointing out that the president HAS NO CONSTITUTIONAL AUTHORITY to take this country to war against a country of 70 million people unless we're attacked or unless there is proof that we are about to be attacked. And if he does, I would move to impeach him. The House obviously has to do that, but I would lead an effort to impeach him. The reason for my doing that -- and I don't say it lightly, I don't say it lightly.
Source/More Here; Atlantic.

Admin
Admin

https://letthemeatcake.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down